A company in California is selling posters of new rules for the modern workplace, like “Criminalize decaf” and “If it’s really funny, it’s probably harassment.”
While I’d love to hang the “Stop tweeting boring sh*t” poster in my office, I don’t think my superiors would find it quite as funny as I do.
So with a little inspiration from someecards, I channeled my need for expression into coming up with 15 new rules for the modern workplace:
- Only you can prevent socks with sandals.
- Your ASAP is not another person’s ASAP.
- 100% of people who use statistics in casual conversations are annoying.
- NEVER SHAKE AN INTERN.
- Nothing is certain except death and taxes…and timecards.
- Just say no to meetings on Monday morning.
- Cell phone ringtones can damage careers.
- Got sick days? Hangovers definitely count.
- Sending pointless emails late at night: Guaranteed to impress your co-workers!
- Office Yoga is for people with doors on their offices.
- Mega Millions is not a retirement plan.
- Afternoon naps increase stock price.
- Getting promoted to the job you’re already doing is a thrill.
- Changing the name of a department will fix all its problems.
- Keeping your job is the new raise.
For more tips and tricks for the modern workplace, follow my Pinterest board Working Mom.
What new workplace rules would you add to the list? Leave a comment below to share!