Inside: The pregnancy magazines make it look SO EASY. But this mommyhood gig has a way of mucking up plans. So here’s a new mom survival guide for the rest of us.
When you’re pregnant, you get the nursery ready. You wash piles of itty bitty laundry. You look at the stack of books on your nightstand and smile, thinking of how you’ll catch up on all that reading during your maternity leave.
Then your sweet little bundle of joy is BORN! You’re overjoyed and overwhelmed.
Except when you get home, you realize there’s NO WAY you’re leaving this tiny helpless thing all alone in a room halfway across the house from you every night. So that precious, color-coordinated nursery sits empty.
Then comes a day when you blow through your carefully folded stack of clean onesies in less than 24 hours. You pull a onesie from the dirty laundry hamper and sniff it to see how bad the baby spit-up smell really is. Pretty bad. But you dress your baby in it anyway.
And that stack of books? Dusty.
Here’s Your New Mom Survival Guide
The pregnancy magazines make it look so easy. Finish this checklist, and you’ll be ready for your baby! Sleep when the baby sleeps, and you won’t be tired! Do your Kegels everyday, and your pelvic floor will be magical!
This is a survival guide for the rest of us. Because this mommyhood gig has a way of mucking up plans.
The links in this guide are essential reading for new mommies. Some are from me, some from others. If you know of a blog post that was helpful to you as a new mommy, please let me know!
What Baby Will Need
Start your registry on Amazon, add these essentials to it, and you’ll be ready for your sweet little bundle to arrive.
- 7 Surprising Baby Essentials – From a Second-Time Mom Who’s Starting Over
- 8 Must-Haves to Survive Your Newborn’s First Month
- What to Do Before Your Baby Arrives – 7 Musts That Might Surprise You
After Baby’s Born
Before You Leave the House
When Baby Won’t Sleep
If You Work Outside the Home
- 5 Creative Childcare Solutions You Will Totally Love
- 9 Secrets for a Successful Return to Work After Maternity Leave
- 8 Ways to Say No at Work – Without Feeling Guilty
How to Entertain Baby
- 6 Surprising Songs to Soothe a Fussy Baby
- 25 Surprising Toys Your Baby Will Totally Love
- The Best Baby Board Books That Will Delight Your Baby (And You)
For Your Friends
Before you go, download my FREE cheat sheet: 75 Positive Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear
Pinterest feature photo by Frank de Kleine.
What would you add to this new mom survival guide? Share in a comment below!